1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't right click desktop after installing video card

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by chuckf42, Feb 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. chuckf42

chuckf42 Thread Starter

After installing a G-force mx 200 PCI card, when I right click on my desktop I get a C++ runtime error for explorer.exe abnormal termination. When I click ok on the error box I get a blue screen and can only alt-ctrl-del to shutdown at that point. Tried removing the video card and removing the drivers but problem still exists. Machine is a HP 8655c with the onboard video which can't be disabled except in windows.

2. Jtoast

Jtoast

1) download the latest drivers from nvidia.

2) boot into safe mode

3) remove all entries under add/remove programs

4) boot back into normal mode.

5) when windows detects new hardware, cancel out and then double click the downloaded drivers to install them.

6) reboot and see what happens.

if this doesnt work would need to know what OS you are running (95, 98, or me)

3. chuckf42

chuckf42 Thread Starter

Have loaded and unloaded various navidia drivers with no change.
    Have tried removing all navidia drivers and using the onboard video and the problem still exists. The operating system is 98SE.

4. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Hi and welcome........maybe a scanreg /restore from a c: prompt will get you back to where you were before the problem?

5. The_Egg

The_Egg

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/118449

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice