Can't Rip Commercial DVD or Even Watch (99% of time)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

discotom

Hi

I bought the 3 DVD set Our Father's Plan from Ignatius Press. It is a Region 1 DVD but I live in the UK. I therefore changed my laptop (HP Pavillion i7) DVD drive to Region 1 as well.

I want to rip the DVDs to have the movie files on my home shared drive and also watch on my tablets.

I tried to play the dvd using VLC media player on my laptop but i just got errors. When trying to look at the contents of the DVDs using windows explorer, it basically says the DVD is empty (it's not though). I tried on 3 other laptops too but same result. Then I tried on an old PC and saw the DVD contents but still couldnt play.

I downloaded Handbrake to try to rip it but it couldnt find any content to rip. I also tried using Handbrake with a new libdvdcss-2.dll file in order to be able to decrypt it but it said it couldnt as it was copyright protected.

I downloaded WinX DVD Ripper Platinum but it also couldnt read the contents and said the dvd was corrupted.

I tried AnyDVD and it too just gave an error.

Finally I downloaded PowerDVD16 (trial version) and it was able to play the DVD no problem.

However, I still want to be able to rip the DVDs - has anyone any ideas why PowerDVD16 worked but nothing else did and/or anyway i can get the ripped files??

I appreciate any help you can give.

Thx

Tom

valis

Howdy and welcome. You may want to re-read the rules page, as we don't assist with bypassing that stuff. As a result, I'm closing this.

thanks,

v

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online