can't run 16 bit windows program error

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Whenever I login into my user name I get an error message that says insufficent memory to 16 bit programs, can anyone help me with this one, To my knowledge i am not even trying to run any programs, and everything else seems to be ok, its only under my username

Thanks Marc

you probally have a program in your startup that is causing it.

press ctrl alt delete

and look at the running processes how many do you have

also, post a hjt log so we can see whats running on your pc

did u try lowering your settings to 16-bit? if you right click your desktop select properties click the settings tab, look under color quality and change to 16-bit. reboot

your colors wont be as pretty that way tho.
If it is a specific program you may be able to run it in compatability mode. Have you recently installed any older programs on your computer?

WhitPhil

Gone but never forgotten
Trusted Advisor
65442 said:
I get an error message that says insufficent memory to 16 bit programs
Can you post back the exact error message?

Tx

I tried to CTRL Delete but a big cpu usagepage, I can not close this to get to the task manager page.

I not sure how to post HJT file can anyone help.

The exact message is

Not enough memory to run 16 bits windows program

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online