1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't run Divx & other setup files

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by blachjakk, Jan 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blachjakk

blachjakk Thread Starter

I have been having problem since i updated my PC to Windows ME. I can't watch Divx movies on Windows Media PLayer anymore since the upgrade. I can hear the sound but i can get no video. At the bottom of WMP it says "error downloading codec" So i have been trying to get an updated Divx Codec player installed but have been having problems. I can download the setup file to my desktop but when i try to double-click and run it absolutely nothing happens. I also have a problem with the Qucktime and a couple other intallers. However, i recently downloaded and ran the SpyBot installer with no problems. Why do some work but others not? Please help. I have downloaded the new Divx version from 3 different sites but none of them have worked yet. and when i try to run it from its current location, after it is downloaded nothing happens.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you,
    Jason`

2. blachjakk

blachjakk Thread Starter

Well i was finally able to get the Divx Codec and i can now see the video on Windows Media Player but it is super lagging. I am running an old PII 266 w/ 64mb ram but my old computer was just as slow but I didn't have any problems watching Divx movies on its WMP. I'm having withdrawl from not being able to watch movies. please help me speed up WMP! The sound plays normaly but the video is really really friggin slow.

thanks,
    jason

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/113473

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice