Cant run old games & programs on vista?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

2odd

I'm trying to run some old programs and games and I'm getting this message.

The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you are running. Check your computer's system information to see whether you need an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher.

Help!

when i wanted to buy a new computer with Vista, I was told by the salesguy (thank God), that most of my old programs won't run and I would have to buy them all for Vista. I can't afford that, so I bought a used XP laptop for my backup.

Simply right click on the Program and select Properties
Then click on the tab COMPATIBILITY
and check that box which says Run this program in compatibility mode for Windows xp (srvice pack 2)

Then click on apply and OK

Then try to run the program Or game

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.