Can't save pics as jpegs

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ljsc1

i just formatted my pc, and i once was able to save pics from the web
(when they are already jpegs uploaded) as jpegs or whatever, but now i am back to being only to save those as art, or bmp files. My paint program is also only saving as bmps, when it used to save as anything. Do you know what i can do to fix it? i sure appreciate any help. :)
I am running windows ME.
Thanks
Tina

We need more information.

Which program are you using?

Is the program set up (in settings or options) to see Jpegs?

wooohoooooo i went looking for past answers to this dilemma and found it! ty for posting this!

"In Windows Explorer – View>Folder options>View tab and uncheck “Hide file extensions for known file types”. Under “hidden files” select “Show all files” while you are there. "

it sure did work, i was almost in tears over this. I wasted about 4 hours trying to figure this out. I am happy to be here!

Originally posted by kimanny:
it sure did work, i was almost in tears over this. I am happy to be here!
We are happy that you are here ;) But please, no tears. You'll get the keyboard all wet :D

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts