1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

can't save picture

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by Silverdog, Dec 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Silverdog

Silverdog Thread Starter

ok, i can't save pictures off the web it won't save, and i drag them to my desktop but the same thing happens a message pops up saying CAN'T FIND FILE. i don't know what to do can someone help me please. i have: AOL 9.0, Windows XP.

2. Rache

Rache Banned

try deleting your Temp Int Folder files.

3. Silverdog

Silverdog Thread Starter

4. Silverdog

Silverdog Thread Starter

question, are some picture not savable?? (Not talking about Password site)

5. theMusicMan

theMusicMan

Did you try to right-click on the image you want to save, then select save-as. Should prompt you for a file name and location on your machine where you want the file saved to. Hey presto!

Try it.

John

6. Silverdog

Silverdog Thread Starter

yes i did but the file comes up as ART (.art) or BITMAP (.bmp) and no program opens that file. only some picture i can save. But whats really bugging is that now i can't save pictures i have saved befor. please help me any one

7. slipe

slipe

How about linking a picture you can’t save.

8. Silverdog

Silverdog Thread Starter

linking a Picture???
    thats new to me can you or any one tell me what linking is and how to do it???

9. wanabe_buck

wanabe_buck Guest

post a link (URL) to a picture so we can see if we can save it...or if there maybe trouble with the site your trying to save from

and here's MS article to look at MKB 260650

buck

10. milomorai

milomorai

silverdog, the .art file is the aol image tag-you should be able to import a codec into your imaging program to see that and any imaging program can view the bitmap(.bmp) file - that is the default image type for windows so it should open in paint(for the older os's) .

11. Silverdog

Silverdog Thread Starter

yes i know but the art file i saved or bitmap from AOL WILL save but it will NOT open. Thats my problem so once again can any one help me.

12. MustBNuts

MustBNuts

Silverdog, first you said you couldn't save them, now you're saying you can but can't open them.... I'm a bit confused....

Can you post one of the pictures so we can see if they open up for us? Try a bmp, 'cause some of us don't use AOL, but most of us have paint/graphic software.

MBN

13. Rache

Rache Banned

14. acraftylady

acraftylady

Just browsing the site and I have been a happy AOL user for 5yrs. now so I thought I would try and give some input. First of all 9.0 still has a lot of issues from what I understand and I am on 8.0 so I don't have a clue about 9.0. if that's causing the problem. You do not state if you were able to save graphics fine using 9.0 before or did this just start with a recent upgrade to 9.0 from another version? Is it possibly a GIF image you are trying to save but the only choice you get is bitmap or art? If so at the top of the AOL screen you need to go to settings, preferences, internet properties, web graphics and make sure it says never compress graphics. If you don't have it set that way on AOL then when you right click a graphic you won't get the GIF choice. Also drag the graphic off the page onto the AOL browser. Does it not come up in the AOL picture viewer and you can save from there or insert in e-mail and send to youself? Also did you try opening IE while connected to AOL and going to the page that way and saving the graphic and see what happens? Hope some of this helps a little.

15. Silverdog

Silverdog Thread Starter

WOW, TY All for your help i try all the things you guys said and now i can save as .jpg, that means i can open it now. thank you so much for helping me:) all you guys r the Best Thanks:)

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/184590

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice