Can't see anything in the Device Manager

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jkoom

For some reason there's nothing in the device manager.
Does anyone know why and how I can fix this?

jkoom

THe comp's not letting me because apparently there is no checkpoint. Besides this has been going on for a very long time, beginning with my goddamn ipod which my itunes just wouldn't read.

well sound like is time for a repair install if you have a windows xp cdrom read this link http://www.fujitsu-siemens.co.uk/rl/servicesupport/techsupport/software/windows/xp/Repair.htm

make sure you have your cdrom to boot first on the boot order in your bios enter bios setup to change that

doing a repair install will not delated anything from your computer but you will have to reinstall all your windows updates

make sure you backup any important files beacuse you never know what can happen but it you follow the guide you will be ok

jkoom

damn, my laptop didn't even come with an XP CD, it only came with a Toshiba boot disk and that was it.

jkoom

Does the apropos still work on laptops with wireless network connections? Because the apropos says something about the IP and stuff like that. I also tried the Adaware SE and it didn't work.

I don't see why it wouldn't work. I'm glad the aproposfix worked for me, but I was hoping that it would help you too.

Yet again, I'm running a desktop computer with a wired router- the complete opposite of your rig. But that shouldn't have anything to do with it, I don't think.

jkoom

well I tried the apropos this time again in safe mode and its the same thing. I don't understand why this is happening.

jkoom

oh and kath100, it was already set that way when I accessed it.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online