1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't See Anything On My Screen

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by trixxie02, Jan 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. trixxie02

trixxie02 Thread Starter

hello, i am a first itme member, and my problem is this. i recently purchased a refurshed compaq deskpro EN. THE PROBLEM IS THAT I LEFT THE COMPUTER ON ONE NIGHT AND SHUT IT DOWN THE NEXT MORNING....AFTER RETURNING HOME I TURNED THE COMPUTER ON AND SINCE THAT DAY I HAVE BEEN UNABLE TO VIEW ANYTHING ON MY SCREEN...I HAVE TRIED TO SET EVERYTHING I COULD THINK OF ON THE CONTROL PANEL, ETC HELP!!!!!!!!!!!EVEN CHANGING THE COLORS DOES NOT HELP...

ALSO IS THERE A PROBLEM WITH WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER? :D :confused:
    TRIXXIE :eek:

2. norton850

norton850

Hi

If it seems like everything else is turning on OK, you should try your monitor on another system to see if it works. Of course also make sure your monitor cable is securely plugged in to the back of your system.

3. Ratboy

Ratboy

trixxie02,

Welcome to TSG!

This may seem like a silly question, but if you can't see anything on the screen, how did you get to the Control Panel?

4. trixxie02

trixxie02 Thread Starter

not a silly question, but i did meant that my screen is dark, not completely blank, as i type now, the only reason i can see anything is that i tried to change the display to the brightest setting everywhere(which is white), and i am still unable to view photos, see anything with a dark background,etc. plus my buttons are not viewable(maximize,etc.)

5. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

That's a physical problem with the Monitor. It needs to be replaced.

On some systems the Display Adapter will have a "gamma" setting that can help a bit, and for a while.

Right click on the desktop and select properties. Under "Settings", usually on an "advanced" tab look and see if you can find a "gamma" control for the adapter. This can be used to brighten the display beyond the monitor's normal physical contols. But it is only a partial and temporary workaround if available.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/323770

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice