1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

cant see my boot i dont have a hard drive

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by markpabi, Jul 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. markpabi

markpabi Thread Starter

hi i cant open my computer its always go to UEFI BIOS utility - ez mode and im stuck even if i restart my pc or press f10 to save and exit but i have a ssd samsung 950

Last edited: Jul 18, 2018
  2. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Is the SSD listed in the UEFI BIOS? If not, the computer is not recognizing it for some reason.

3. markpabi

markpabi Thread Starter

4. markpabi

markpabi Thread Starter

heres the picture of the bios sometimes it showed up but if u click the ssd and save and exit the next reset ssd will not show up and im gonna stuck on the 1st picture

5. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

The hardware in a computer MUST be 100% perfect before any software running on it can be expected to do the same.

The SSD keeps randomly disappearing issue must be resolved before going any further. To help narrow down where the problem might lie, test the SSD on another computer and/or test a different SSD on that motherboard.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2018
    markpabi likes this.
  6. markpabi

markpabi Thread Starter

yesterday i was just playing games on it then i play that fortnite then my pc went shut down and this picture came out

Attached Files:

7. dmccoy

dmccoy

First Name:
    Darrin
    As mentioned by SpywareDr you need to test your SSD as he mentioned by following the method below. Then something seems wrong with your boot configuration. The boot manager should be listed as the only boot device.

http://www.seagate.com/support/downloads/seatools/seatools-dos-master/

Create Bootable Seatools USB with Rufus
    https://rufus.akeo.ie/
    1. Device - Verify the correct USB Drive is selected - Very Important
    2. Boot selection - Click on Select button to browse to the correct .iso file
    3. Partition Scheme - Select MBR partition
    4. Target System - Bios or UEFI
    5. Volume Label - Change if needed
    6. File System - FAT32 (default)
    7. Cluster Size - 16KB (default)
    8. Click the Start button - Warning flash drive will be formatted and all data will be destroyed.

If the computer is UEFI you may need to enable CSM or Legacy mode and Disable SecureBoot if available to boot from the USB correctly.

How to use Seatools:
    1. Once it starts it will scan for all drives connected to your computer.
    2. Select drive you want to test.
    3. Select the Long Generic Test under the Basic Tests menu
    4. When the test is complete you will see the result under Test Status
    5. The test will indicate either Pass or Fail.
    6. Provide the Results in your reply.

SpywareDr likes this.
  8. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

You want Windows Boot Manager
    Windows 10 does not boot from drive as such
    It boots from Windows Boot Manager which although it is on the drive is a FAT partition.
    When you configure the boot from the drive Windows does not find the boot manager.

There may indeed be something wrong with the Boot Configuration, but if it is 10 and in UEFI configuration then as I said you must boot from Windows Boot Manager.
    The drive will still be shown as a boot option and there is nothing wrong in it being so shown

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1213114

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice