Cant See PC

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

KiLL3r

I am trying to share my internet via a crossover cable. i have got them all hooked up properly except that the second PC cannot see the host.

PC #1 has the internet and can see PC #2 but PC #2 cannot access PC #1 (y)

please help this is driving me nuts.

I know their is nothing wrong with my cable because PC #1 is a new computer and is in plac eof old one

TerryNet

Terry
If you provide some details about what you've done and what results or error messages you get, somebody can likely provide help.

If you prefer guesses, here are two:
1. You didn't enable file and printer sharing and ICS properly on PC #1;
2. You have a firewall on PC #1 that blocks access by PC #2.

KiLL3r

turned out to be a firewall issue, but i still have a problem with PC #2 not being able to access internet.

I have set pc1 up with setting

IP: 192.168.0.10
Mask 255.255.255.0
gateway - nothing

PC#2

IP: 192.168.0.11
Mask 255.255.255.0
gateway: 192.168.0.10

and yes i have enabled internet sharing

TerryNet

Terry
When you properly set up ICS on PC #1 it will be assigned IP 192.168.0.1. It will act as a router.

Then set PC #2 to obtain IP automatically, and PC #1 will assign an appropriate IP configuration.

KiLL3r

TerryNet said:
When you properly set up ICS on PC #1 it will be assigned IP 192.168.0.1. It will act as a router.

Then set PC #2 to obtain IP automatically, and PC #1 will assign an appropriate IP configuration.

tried thatt dusnt work

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online