1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't see shared drive after power outage

Discussion in 'Networking' started by mikegarcia2000, Nov 15, 2018.

Advertisement
  1. mikegarcia2000

mikegarcia2000 Thread Starter

We had a power outage and now a shared drive from one machine can't be seen from the others.

Here's some info:
    - All machines are running Windows 10 Home
    - All machine can access the internet
    - One machine has an external drive that has a shared folder
    - I can ping the machine with the drive from another machine and get a response
    - I don't see the machine with the drive in the Network section of the file explorer for the other machines

I've tried re-sharing the shared folder, re-mapping. I did the network reset option from the system settings. I turned Network Discovery and file and printer sharing off an on. All appropriate lights are on in the router and modem. I've spelunked around the internet and can't figure out whats wrong.

Any ideas?
    Thanks,
    -Mike

2. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

3. mikegarcia2000

mikegarcia2000 Thread Starter

I create the scripts mentioned in the workaround however in the process of trying to fix the issue I removed the old, broken mappings. I was trying to remove the old and reconnect. Now I can't create the mapped drive. I've tried the powershell command new-smbmapping and net use but both fail. How would you create a mapping on Windows 10 after the bad update?

4. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Afraid I don't know ... yet. Waiting for Microsoft.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1219186

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice