1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cant see usb drive

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Bynary, Aug 9, 2018 at 8:53 PM.

Advertisement
  1. Bynary

Bynary Thread Starter

Its a fathom drive first I tried connecting with a usb splitter (1 becomes 4) that didnt work so i did away with the spliier still dont see it...rebooted still nothing. I have a dell inspirion couple years old. I did try this on the front usb ports, not the back. I tried a usb stick in the same slot and it worked ok.

2. dckeks

dckeks

First Name:
    Darrin
    We need some more information. What are you trying to do with the USB drive. What is on the USB currently?

3. Bynary

Bynary Thread Starter

Trying to read disk, it doesnt show up in the 'this pc'. there is alresdy files on the disk put there by this computer

4. dckeks

dckeks

First Name:
    Darrin
    Do you have another pc to test the USB drive? Does it show up if you go into disk management?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1214233

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice