1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

can't seem to copy over mp"s to player

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by joe rh, Feb 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. joe rh

joe rh Thread Starter

hello, when i try to copy mp3's from the hard drive to the mp3 player i get a message saying "the directory or file cannot be created" when i got the mp3 player i copied about 90 tracks over, that's when i got this message, any help would be good. ta.

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    Does you player have any kind of hardware lock switch? Are you sure you have enough free space on the player?

3. joe rh

joe rh Thread Starter

hello Chuck, sorry for late response, it doesn't have a hardware lock and according to the memory meter it says i have 50% space free.

4. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

There may be a limit to the number of files allowed in any "folder" (the root folder of the MP3 player is just a folder). This may depend on the format of the player memory.

This limit is technically 512 files, but that is (I believe) based on the "8.3" DOS filenames, not the long file names which will give a lower number.

Use subfolders if you can.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!