can't seem to copy over mp"s to player

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

joe rh

hello, when i try to copy mp3's from the hard drive to the mp3 player i get a message saying "the directory or file cannot be created" when i got the mp3 player i copied about 90 tracks over, that's when i got this message, any help would be good. ta.

cwwozniak

Chuck
Does you player have any kind of hardware lock switch? Are you sure you have enough free space on the player?

joe rh

hello Chuck, sorry for late response, it doesn't have a hardware lock and according to the memory meter it says i have 50% space free.

There may be a limit to the number of files allowed in any "folder" (the root folder of the MP3 player is just a folder). This may depend on the format of the player memory.

This limit is technically 512 files, but that is (I believe) based on the "8.3" DOS filenames, not the long file names which will give a lower number.

Use subfolders if you can.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online