Cant seem to enable hibernate mode.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ct4033

Hi there. I have WinXP home with sp1. I have the following components:

ct4033

Hi there. I have WinXP home with sp1. I have the following components:
Mother board is Asus K8V SE Delux, Athlon 64 3400, Corsair PC 3200 2x 512, ect.... Unless you need video card and sound card. Now when I go to power management schemes and go to the Hibernate tab and check the 'enable hibernate' when I hit apply I get this..a box at top is says 'power policy manager unable to reserve hibernate file. Than in the box itself it says 'The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process'. Now how do I go about enabling it? What steps do I need to do to get it enabled?

ct4033

Thanks, I went into BIOS and made sure ACPI features were enabled and they are. What could be the problem and how would I trouble shoot it? I want to be able to walk away from system and after an hour with nothing being done have my system go hibernate. I suppose I could just have it go into stand by. What is the major difference between the two? Is one preferred over the other? Stand-by and Hibernate that is.

Thanks way in advance.

ct4033

I was still wondering about enabling the hibernate mode. If the forum needs more info please tell me what/where it is and I will post if it will help with the problem. I can do standby but not seem to do hibernate.. hmmm..

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online