1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't seem to get headphones working without unplugging speakers!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Py2008, May 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Py2008

Py2008 Thread Starter

Hi all,

I recently bought a pair of Sennheiser HD555 which work great, the only thing is that if I want to use them I have to disconnect my speakers (Logitech Z-2300) from the sound card (Xtremegamer) and plug the headphones into the same socket.

As my speakers are 2.1 they connect to the sound card via one cable. It appears they only work in this one particaler socket as does the headphones. I assume the others are for 5.1 and 7.1 setups.

The speakers came with a little controller for volume and power, but it also has a socket for headphones but when I tried that it didn't make a difference. My keyboard (Tarantula) also has a socket for headphones which doesn't seem to work either. Even the front of my case (P182) has a socket but not joy.

In the settings for the speakers in control panel I clicked automatically detect headphones and mute speakers on detection. I have no idea why it wont work.

Any suggestions? Its a pain in the *** having to reach the back of the pc and disconnect the speakers and plug in the headphones each time

Thanks in advance!

2. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

Sounds like you need to find one of these ...

Attached Files:

3. Py2008

Py2008 Thread Starter

Cool, what are they called and are they cheap? :p

4. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

5. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

6. Py2008

Py2008 Thread Starter

7. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

Most likely ... It's just a simple parallel wired splitter
    But I can just plug my phones into my Bose Mediamate speakers.
    Does you speakers have a phones jack ???

Then .. Maybe all you'd need is an extension cable.
    But usually .. The speakers are shut off when you plugin another cable.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/824173

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice