1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cant send any pictures.

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by joe_______17, Feb 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. joe_______17

joe_______17 Thread Starter

Hello, when i click on an email adress on a website to send an email it says page cannot be displayed. Also when i try to send a picture as an attachment it says the same thing. Anyone know whats wrong?

2. joe_______17

Can anyone help me?

3. 911

Try This:
    In Internet Explorer: Go to Tools> Options > Programs > Click the "Reset Web Settings" button.
    A second window will contain a box "Also reset my home page". If you do not want to change your Home page, be sure this is unchecked.

Another cause of similar problems can be overloaded Temporary Internet files. I consider it a bug in IE, but M$ does not always have good warnings. When the Temporary files get too full, there is no warning, and some things just stop working right. One symptom is the inability to download images in any format except Bitmap, and it can mess up email, too. Try emptying the temp files (Tools>Internet Options - General tab, click the Delete buttons for Cookies and Files) and clear offline content also. See if that clears up the problem.

4. joe_______17

Well i tried it and it didnt work :(.

5. 911

What is your Computer, Op-System, Browser, and ISP ?

6. joe_______17

Its a Compaq im using windows xp.

7. 911

Netscape, Firefox, Internet Explorer ? IF IE is it IE6, IE5, IE4 ? Have you got all the updates ? What is your ISP ? Is it broadband (cable or DSL) or dial-up ?

8. joe_______17

Its cable.

9. 911

I give up !

10. joe_______17

It's ok thanks for trying to help anyway.

11. rugrat

rugrat

Assuming you are using Outlook express as you email program. It may be the security settings. You can shutb off the security setting BUT!!!! make sure you are running up to date virus protection!!!!!
    Open Outlook, select tools at the top then options, Click on the "Security" tab. You will see a checkbox beside text that reads, "Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus. Uncheck that box and then click "Apply", then "OK" to deactivate this feature.
    IF THIS IS NOT THE PROBLEM, reverse the procedure.

Good Luck

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/328011

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice