Cant send any pictures.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

joe_______17

Hello, when i click on an email adress on a website to send an email it says page cannot be displayed. Also when i try to send a picture as an attachment it says the same thing. Anyone know whats wrong?

Try This:
In Internet Explorer: Go to Tools> Options > Programs > Click the "Reset Web Settings" button.
A second window will contain a box "Also reset my home page". If you do not want to change your Home page, be sure this is unchecked.

Another cause of similar problems can be overloaded Temporary Internet files. I consider it a bug in IE, but M$ does not always have good warnings. When the Temporary files get too full, there is no warning, and some things just stop working right. One symptom is the inability to download images in any format except Bitmap, and it can mess up email, too. Try emptying the temp files (Tools>Internet Options - General tab, click the Delete buttons for Cookies and Files) and clear offline content also. See if that clears up the problem.

Netscape, Firefox, Internet Explorer ? IF IE is it IE6, IE5, IE4 ? Have you got all the updates ? What is your ISP ? Is it broadband (cable or DSL) or dial-up ?

Assuming you are using Outlook express as you email program. It may be the security settings. You can shutb off the security setting BUT!!!! make sure you are running up to date virus protection!!!!!
Open Outlook, select tools at the top then options, Click on the "Security" tab. You will see a checkbox beside text that reads, "Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus. Uncheck that box and then click "Apply", then "OK" to deactivate this feature.
IF THIS IS NOT THE PROBLEM, reverse the procedure.

Good Luck

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online