1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

can't send because of Current security settings

Discussion in 'General Security' started by Oldwest, Apr 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Oldwest

Oldwest Thread Starter

I have Vista Home premium and use Firefox and/or IE.
    I want to attach a schedule I made but I get this msg when I try to open as an attachment:

"your current security settings will not allow this file to be downloaded."

My Anti-virus Security settings are not the problem, I think it is the IE permission that is the culprit. Can anybody help me on this?

2. Cheeseball81

Cheeseball81 Retired Moderator

Hello again!

Give this a try

- Open Internet Explorer browser
    - Go to Tools menu
    - Select Internet Options
    - Go to Security tab
    - Select Internet zone
    - Click on "Custom level..."
    - Under Downloads category, enable the option "File download"
    - Under Miscellaneous category, select Prompt (recommended) for the option "Launching applications and unsafe files"
    - Under Miscellaneous category, select Prompt (recommended) for the option "Launching programs and files in an IFRAME"
    - Validate the changes by clicking on OK
    - Leave the Internet Options
    - Close the browser
    - Re-open it and try it again

3. Oldwest

Oldwest Thread Starter

Your instructions are easy to follow but this one didn't work..I got the same msg again. I kinda think it is in the permission area but I couldn't follow the instructions to fix it.

4. Cheeseball81

Cheeseball81 Retired Moderator

Is Custom Level set on Medium?

I would also check if either ActiveX, Java or Active Scripting may have gotten turned off and need to be enabled.

5. Snagglegaster

Snagglegaster Banned

Do you mean that you are trying to send a file you've created via email? If that's the case, you may need to address security settings in Outlook Express. Under the Tools, Options menu look at the Security tab and be sure that the option to block any files that could potentially contain a virus is unchecked. Most of Microsoft's security updates for IE and Outlook Express will re-enable blocking of potentially harmful attachments by default, so you may need to re-check periodically.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/916645

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice