Can't send e-mail

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

DKTaber

I thought I would try Incredimail, since I'm not thrilled with OE. So I downloaded and installed it. After looking at it, it's not much different than OE, and comes with ads unless you by the premium version, so I uninstalled it. Subsequent to that, I tried to send a message. I can neither send or receive messages now. Incredimail must have changed some setting that I'm unaware of (OE recognizes @Home as my default ISP, but it just sits there, and after about a minute, you get a message that the send "failed".

Where's the "secret" setting I need to change back to what it used to be?

DKTaber

I'm replying to my own message. About a minute ago, I tried to send the one message in my Outbox that I had been unable to send...and it went. Something must have been wrong with Comcast's mail server (which is separate from their Internet server), but it cleared up a few minutes later, and the message was accepted.

Sorry to have bothered y'all.

glad we could be of help LOL

i have an @home connection also, but the cable company started moving things to their own server 6 mths ago, anticipating the [email protected] $$ troubles

can now connect @home or
@cablecompany
so have double the email addresses (just what i needed!)

the @home isn't sending/receiving just now - heard on other boards there were problems in toronto earlier today also

sounds like random acts of goofy @home servers

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.