1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't send e-mail

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by DKTaber, Nov 12, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DKTaber

DKTaber Thread Starter

I thought I would try Incredimail, since I'm not thrilled with OE. So I downloaded and installed it. After looking at it, it's not much different than OE, and comes with ads unless you by the premium version, so I uninstalled it. Subsequent to that, I tried to send a message. I can neither send or receive messages now. Incredimail must have changed some setting that I'm unaware of (OE recognizes @Home as my default ISP, but it just sits there, and after about a minute, you get a message that the send "failed".

Where's the "secret" setting I need to change back to what it used to be?

2. DKTaber

DKTaber Thread Starter

I'm replying to my own message. About a minute ago, I tried to send the one message in my Outbox that I had been unable to send...and it went. Something must have been wrong with Comcast's mail server (which is separate from their Internet server), but it cleared up a few minutes later, and the message was accepted.

Sorry to have bothered y'all.

3. jbcalg

jbcalg

glad we could be of help LOL

i have an @home connection also, but the cable company started moving things to their own server 6 mths ago, anticipating the [email protected] $$ troubles

can now connect @home or
    @cablecompany
    so have double the email addresses (just what i needed!)

the @home isn't sending/receiving just now - heard on other boards there were problems in toronto earlier today also

sounds like random acts of goofy @home servers

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/58405

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice