1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't send e-mails from new hotmail account

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by barfeld, Jan 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. barfeld

barfeld Thread Starter

I created a Hotmail account. Then went to my Outlook Express and added another 'user account' with my hotmail address; copied all my contact list over.
    It works great for receiving e-mail, except I keep getting the error message below every time I try to send a message. I have gone in and taken the limit down to 60kb, but it still won't let me. (It also shows 'sending 2 messages' each time I send one....I also get a 0x800421C8 message which says it's confused because I have two hotmail accounts.(?) Do I have to delete the hotmail.live account? If so, will that delete my Outlook one as well?
    I'm somewhat computer-savvy, but there are large (obvious) gaps.

Thanks. My system info is at the bottom.

"The message could not be sent because its size exceeded the server's limit. You can use the option, located in Tools | Accounts | Properties | Advanced, to break messages into smaller parts. Subject '4th Yrs', Account: 'Hotmail', Server: 'smtp.live.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '552 5.3.4 Requested action aborted; Our daily message limit was meant to stop spammers--we're sorry that it's getting in your way. You can wait a day to send your message.', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 552, Error Number: 0x800CCC6D"

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80GHz, x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 1
    Processor Count: 1
    RAM: 509 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) 82865G Graphics Controller, 96 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 73171 MB, Free - 29064 MB;
    Motherboard: Dell Computer Corp., 0TC667
    Antivirus: AVG Internet Security 2012, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1085217

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice