Status
Not open for further replies.

Can't send email in GMail

Tags
gmail
1K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  SeanLaurence 
#1 ·
I am not tech-savvy at all!
Started using GMail and now I can't send an email. The send button is just dead. I have lots of GMail storage that isn't an issue. I use two GMail email accounts at the same time - using Chrome and they are different email addresses.
Clue: I was tinkering around with backing up to Cloud on my Dell and I know I did something to POP/IMAL (sp?) and SMTP and since then I can't send any messages. It's driving me batty and spent hours on it. Grateful I found this site.
I can receive but not send.
I Googled solutions for hours and found solutions but I need a literal baby-step by-step re how to fix POP/SMTP etc cos I can't find where or how to do it.
Would anybody care to assist
Many thanks
MR
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 8.1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU G3240 @ 3.10GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 60 Stepping 3
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 4012 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: 919 GB (813 GB Free);
Motherboard: Dell Inc., 088DT1
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled

See less See more
#2 ·
What email client are you using? That means the program you are importing Gmail to such as Outlook, Thunderbird, etc.

Also, are you able to send emails if you access the web-based Gmail? That means going to the Gmail website and accessing your accounts through the browser.

#3 · (Edited)
I don't know what email cient I am using, sorry

I can send GMail in Firefox but cannot send Gmail in Chrome.
I can send Yahoo email and in both Firefox and Chrome
I need to use Chrome because I use GMail email tracker (Mailtrack) cos I am a writer and need to know when editors have read my story pitches.

Thanks

#4 ·
I would try disabling the Mailtrack extension and see if you can send an email when accessing your account using the Chrome browser. If that doesn't solve the issue then try running Chrome in Incognito Mode which will be without any extensions as it could be another one that is interfering.

#6 ·
Hi. Thanks. It worked when I disabled Mailtrack in Chrome.
How odd. Mailtrack worked in Chrome and is specifically made for GMail to use in Chrome.
Do you know if there would be a workaround for this?
I also run Total AV suite of bug-clearing stuff so I think my system is bug free
BTW Thanks for that. Much olbliged

#9 ·
#7 ·
I'm glad we've at least found the source of the problem. Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with Mailtrack and don't use the Chrome browser, however, my first step in troubleshooting would be to uninstall the Mailtrack extension, reboot the computer and then reinstall it. See if that corrects this issue.

#10 ·
I use chrome with 2 gmail accounts. To ensure that they don't cross contaminate, I use two separate browser profiles, one for each gmail account.
Have a look at the icon / picture just to the left of the three vertical dots on the far right of your address bar.
This lets you sync your browser to your GMAIL account.
Left click on it and select "Manage People" near the bottom.
You will want to have a profile set up for both of your gmail accounts.
It will create a desktop icon for the account when you add it.
When you are in one account, and want to see the other, you should be able to select it from the same menu, just above "open Guest window" This will open a new browser window in that other account.

Also - have you tried clearing your browsing data? <Ctrl><Shift>

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.