1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't send email using different domain in email address BellSouth trapped me out...

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Teter-P, Nov 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Teter-P

Teter-P Thread Starter

When I got BellSouth DSL years ago I had Outlook email account set up with BellSouth as outgoing and old domain as incoming so I could keep my email address from another domain. It worked fine until a year or so ago I had to add another account just for BellSouth and that worked fine.

Within last few weeks emails from my email address (old domain) would not send. I've been through it with ATT tech several times to no avail.

It seems that ATT has trapped me out and does not want me to be able to keep my old email.

There's bound to be a way to set up my email accounts so my outgoing email from my other ISP provider will send through BellSouth without changing my very old and reliable email address.

Also, I recently have acquired my own domain name and I fear emails from that email address will suffer the same fate.

I hope this is not too long, but PLEASE HELP if you can.

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    If your BellSouth e-mail service is provided by Yahoo, then you probably need to go through a registration and authentication process for each e-mail address you want to send through a non BellSouth/Yahoo mail server. At least that is what I had to go through as an SBC/ATT DSL customer. They claim that they do the blocking to prevent from originating from users within their network.

http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/classic/manage/sendfrom-07.html

EDIT: Forgetting my manners. Hi and welcome to TSG.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/961517

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice