1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't send mail from PC Exchange client

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by dsubaykan, Jan 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dsubaykan

dsubaykan Thread Starter

My web mail is at Yahoo which has POP and SMTP addresses: "pop.mail.yahoo.com", "smtp.mail.yahoo.com"
    I can download incoming mail to my PC, but not send mail from it. These working OK when Yahoo was also an ISP, but no more.
    I use Nocharge and Netzero as ISP's to connect to internet. Nocharge has only POP, Netzero has POP and SMTP addresses.
    In Exchange, incoming mail server has to be Yahoo's because that is where all mails come in. For the Outgoing mail server name I have tried Yahoo's and Netzero's SMTP addresses (Nocharge doesn't have one).
    Without having to sign up with another ISP, what am I not doing wright to send e-mail directly from MS Exchange on my PC?
    Your help will be appreciated to no end.
    please reply to:
    [email protected] (rocketmail has been merged to Yahoo)
    Thanks
    Dogan

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/66735

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice