1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cant send mail through Outlook Express

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by n1ghtrain, Sep 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. n1ghtrain

n1ghtrain Thread Starter

Im using outlook express 6.0,im able to recieve mail,but cant send mail through it...followin error is displayed when i try to send mail...

The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was '[email protected]'. Subject 'test', Account: '808808.tv', Server: '808808.tv', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 5.7.1 <[email protected]>... Relaying denied. IP name lookup failed [62.150.206.148]', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

Im usin windows XP pro. Plz do help in this matter...

2. southernlady

southernlady

n1ghtrain, unfortunately you posted this in the wrong forum so I have requested it be moved. However, while we wait for that...I will admit, I don't understand that much about OE. I use Thunderbird because I don't like Outlook or Outlook Express. I wish I could help but I am getting you in the proper forum for help, ok? Liz

3. n1ghtrain

n1ghtrain Thread Starter

ThanK you very much for the information southern lady...I'll post it in Business application forum...

4. southernlady

southernlady

No, don't repost, let them move it. Liz

5. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

6. Melodi

Melodi

Does your ISP require server authentication? While in OE click on the 'tools' menu and choose 'account' click the 'mail' tab and find your account and highlight it by clicking on it, then choose properties. In properties click on the 'server' tab at the bottom of that window is 'my server requires authenication' put a check in there, save, close and try to send again.

7. n1ghtrain

n1ghtrain Thread Starter

Melodi i checked that also,but not working...

8. Melodi

Melodi

Did you look at Rog's thread he gave you above? Are you able to send to anyone?

9. southernlady

southernlady

Something I found out when I was setting up my new account the other day for my business. I had to set it differently than what I thought.

What is your Pop3 and your SMTP settings. They may not be what you think they should be? Did you talk to your carrier about those? Liz

10. n1ghtrain

n1ghtrain Thread Starter

All comp's in our N/W is using OE, POP3 is configured as 808808.tv & SMTP is configured as smtp.808808.tv I've gone thru Rog's thread...but still havin same prob's...

11. southernlady

southernlady

I found out that my Pop3 was different than my SMTP. Others around you? Are they able to send/receive successfully? Liz

12. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Have you called your ISP?

13. sekirt

sekirt

You may get the error message

"The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was '[email protected]' . Subject 'The monthly collection', Account: 'Test (Tiscali)', Server: 'smtp.xxxxxxx.xxx', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 relaying to prohibited by administrator', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

Possible Solution
    This problem happens because your version of Outlook Express is set up to use Secure Socket Layer (SSL).

Tools->Accounts->Properties->Advanced Tab. Be sure This server requires a secure connection is unchecked.

Another possible idea: If there are several emails in your outbox, or if there is a large one, try removing some of them. Try sending an email to yourself.

You say there are other computers that have no problem? Check settings on one of those and make sure yours are identical.

If all fails, you may have to create a new account. The basic settings are shown here (substitute your specific wording).
    http://www.grasshoppernet.com/technicalsupport/outlook/acc_new.html

sekirt

14. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/274259

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice