Can't send MMS after linking phone to computer

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

chueh

I had no problem sending images through phone text originally (Moto E4, Android 7.1.1, Google Messages) before I installed other apps.

Since the unread-counter is important to me, I installed Notifyer for unread-count. I am not sure if the unread-counter affects MMS or not , for I did not attempt sending any images during the time.

short enough, I installed Mightyext, for I dislike testing on phone (always miss type). I love both Mightytext and Notifyer together, for I got what I wanted. BUT I can't send images now.

I unlinked the phone from the computer to see if sending images could go through. BUT Nope!!! For some reason, Google Messages is stuck with this no-image-sending mode!!!

Please advise. Thanks

plodr

Liz
Since the unread-counter is important to me, I installed Notifyer for unread-count. I am not sure if the unread-counter affects MMS or not
Easy way to find out - uninstall Notifyer.

Also, go to settings and search on MMS. There is generally an switch to allow/disallow same in any recent version of Android. It could be that something you installed resets it to OFF, but will still work just fine if you set it to ON.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online