1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't set-up HP LaserJet M1212nf on Fios

Discussion in 'Networking' started by denniemks, Oct 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. denniemks

denniemks Thread Starter

New to forum, I am trying to set up a network printer (wired rj45) HP Laserjet M1212nf MFP to a Verison FIOS router (Westell Model a90-9100em15-10 Ultraline Series 3). I can't see the printer when I log on to the router nor is there any IP address when I print out the status report on the printer. I am using a HP dv7-1450us running Vista Home Pro. I am not sure how to get this secure network router to see this printer, any help would be great!!

Thanks

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Are you trying to connect with a wired connection? If so, the router shouldn't have anything to do with getting it running. The "security" on the router is only for wireless connections to the network.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/956736