Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Can't set up mail in ipad tablet

1K views 21 replies 3 participants last post by  Goddess-Bastet 
#1 ·
Hi, I go to settings>mail>accounts and I see iCloud, and then two accounts sample1@gmail.com and also myname@mydomaina.com. Now what? I have to be able to access my mail on this ipad. They both used to work but I must have screwed somethin up. Hope you can help. thanks

#4 · (Edited)
From Settings > About. The first section has the software version and model name.

I believe most iPads are using Power and Home Button at the same time to do a screenshot. Please make sure you remove/scribble out any personal information within the Photos app before posting.

#6 ·
The home button is the button on the bottom of the ipad.

Sometimes if there is an update, when you go to Settings it will automatically take you to the upgrade screen, however I did miss as step. From Settings, go to General on the left, then About.

Bottle cap Font Circle Electric blue Triangle

Rectangle Font Parallel Technology Screenshot

#9 ·

Sometimes if there is an update, when you go to Settings it will automatically take you to the upgrade screen, however I did miss as step. From Settings, go to General on the left, then About.

View attachment 286969

View attachment 286970

View attachment 286969

View attachment 286970
iPad 5th generation with ios 14.4.2

#7 ·
With the gmail account are you using 2-step authentication? If so then you may need an app specific password.
If the accounts show under the Mail app then what exactly is happening with them?

#14 ·
'imap.gmail,com' was this a typo with the , or this was the actual message. If the latter then that's a problem.

Your iOS is updated so it should be using modern authentication.

Let's do this: if you have no mail at all, go into Settings and then delete both accounts (not the apple/icloud account).

Next, click on Add Account > then click on Google. Allow Settings to use Google.com to sign in, then enter your google account, Once you allow the account, it should add to the iPad.

Let's see if it shows up.

#16 ·
You need to make sure that the information you have is correct with the server. You may need to contact the email service provider for that info. I would say check your Thunderbird account to see what settings you have too and mimic it. I haven't used Thunderbird for some time so I am not sure where that info is.

If the email account is based of a known service like Google or Microsoft account, then use the option it would be under (i.e. my school uses Microsoft, so I would use Exchange) but if it's not based of those, then choose Other > add Mail Account and fill in the email address and password. If the server allows automatic setup then it should pull the server information. If it asks you, then check Thunderbird for the incoming and SMTP settings. Typically you would want to use IMAP for incoming and the server name is imap.domainname.com and port 465 (if asked)

#17 ·
I got the account onto the ipad using the thunderbird info. Thanks I Now, another
question, if I may: When I click on the gmail icon on my tablet nothing happens. It gives me the message "recovery email was changed for suchandsuch@gmail.com. It seems that this is a google account that I don't use but is messing things up. I think I created it when I was trying to get outlook or something. Can I delete this account and have everything based on one google account?

#19 ·
Why? In the past, I was scolded by TG for dealing with two experts simultaneously. So I waited to try to understand your comment on a two step password, or something like that. I valued your help. Please don't abandon me. Sorry. I did not think I was ignoring you. best wishes and thanks, Frank, PS Keep safe, wear a mask

#20 ·
Hi Frank.
I don’t know why you’d be scolded unless you’d posted your question under two different threads which isn’t recommended.
Have you checked the suggestion for the use of two-step authentication?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.