Can't set up Verizon Fios on XP...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Ayato Kamina

I just ordered Verizon Fios, it works fine, both wireless and plug in on my mac, but I can't figure out how to set it up on my roommates laptop. It's a Gateway, not terribly old I think. The people that scammed my roommate into buying this comp for 3x what it's worth screwed up the set up bad, they installed the desktop version of the software instead of the laptop version so it has no clue it's a laptop, when it closes it shuts down, and it has to be plugged in (it doesn't realize it has a battery so it doesn't attempt to charge) anyway, I'm fairly skilled with windows, I work with windows, and used windows in school, but this appears to be set up retro or something, I can't find any way to make it work with anything except non-wireless dial-up. It doesn't seem to know there is anything else, and doesn't have any options in the control panel to set something up (other then dial up) either. Anyone know what to do?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts