Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Can't setup email in Outlook 2007

2K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  DaveA 
#1 ·
I'm having a problem setting up an email account for a friend and would like some advice:

I have tried to set up a new POP3 mail account on a friend’s computer, and can't get it to work. He has just had a new machine (Win7) and is running a new setup of Office 2007. Currently he only uses hotmail as his mail program, but wants to setup a conventional address in Outlook, which until now has not been used.

Having put in all of the new email account info and running a test on the account settings we are getting messages that can't connect to the server. If I put the exact same settings into my 2003 Outlook the test settings work fine and a test message is sent. There is absolutely no difference in settings and he is connected to the internet!

The only thing I have noticed is that in the Test Account settings box the first line (on my machine) is 'Establish Network Connection - Completed', followed by 'Find Outgoing Mail Server - Completed'. On his machine when we run the test setting there is no mention of 'Establish Network Connection', his first line being 'Log onto Mail Outgoing Server - Completed'..

Any suggestions would be really welcome.

See less See more
#6 ·
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.