1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't sign in to Microsoft accts.

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by mommycat, Jan 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mommycat

mommycat Thread Starter

I have an old Microsoft Acct which I forgot about and when I got a new PC 2 weeks ago, tried setting up a new Microsoft Acct, new password, etcc. Now neither account is working, !) How can I either: destroy accts n. 1 and 2 and start a completely new one or 1) change names on act. n.2?

2) How can I send photos to a friend's email from my Microsoft acct--do I have to get an Outlook profile? If so, why? I use gmail.

3) And how do I create a link to photos from my Microsoft account--must I have a Microsoft account?

All help appreciated, please don't be snarky.

2. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    1) Are both using the same email address?

2) You need to use your email program or internet email access to send any email with or without and attachment.

3) You can not link to a file on your system and send it, you must send it as an attachment, using your email program.

3. mommycat

mommycat Thread Starter

DavidA, thanks for replying. In answer:

1. They use different email addresses.

2.I do know, of course, that I have to use my email (gmail) to send all attachments to email messages. But I am presently saving all docs to Dropbox and when I go through gmail to include a Dropbox doc as an attachment, I am told to create an Outlook profile (??). I used Outlook years ago and hate it as a totally unnecessary middle step,

3. Can I create a link to the document in Dropbox? If so, where do I find the option to do so?

Thanks for your kind attention.

4. TonyB25

TonyB25 Banned

5. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

6. mommycat

mommycat Thread Starter

Thanks, Macboatmaster, I had come across the page you suggested earlier today (I am in Italy). I think (intuit?) that I have a live.com acct (old) with Microsoft and a new one that uses my gmail as its username. Having done everything suggested to me at least twice, I have now somehow serendipitously gotten in to the account and intend to remain there indefinitely since I have no idea what I did right to get in in the first place. I would still like to know how I can delete the Microsoft acct, since as far as I can tell, it serves for nothing but confusion. I hate Outlook and will never use it again (since last use 17 years or so ago).

Thanks for your help.:)

7. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

Cheers The Microsoft account is in fact only the new name for what was a windows live account on 7
    if you really wish to close/delete the new established Microsoft account - that will be done in 60 days from submission - but make certain there is nothing saved to that account as it will be lost when the close is completed
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows-live/account-close-account

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1141478

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice