1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't start computer even in safe mode, etc.

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by gapeach13rn, Nov 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gapeach13rn

gapeach13rn Thread Starter

I have a desktop that runs Windows XP. I'll try to make this quick and simple: I had Kapersky security software on my computer, but then did not want to renew it. So, I deleted it/removed from programs. Right after that, I couldn't open certain web pages. Kept saying I was working thru IE with "no add ons." Well, I never selected no add ons, and couldn't figure out how to put operate windows with ad ons enabled, even though every thing said I had all my ad ons enabled. I couldn't open certain pages. And also, my printer wouldn't work anymore when I tried to print something from my computer. Everything worked fine until I removed Kapersky. So, I did some research and downloaded an antivirus program (thinking I had a virus) called Emismo (?) and did the scan. Scan revealed I had 2 trojans and a lot of other errors, etc. I quarantined the errors, and as soon as I did, the computer went into shut down/restart mode, but it wouldn't go anywhere except the "Windows XP" home screen. It's like it keeps trying to start up, but can't complete the task. I tried to manually shut the computer down and restart in safe mode, and even that didn't work. I even ran the same antivirus program on my lap top (Emismo) and had no trouble. And also, when I had Kapersky on my laptop, the same thing happened when I removed Kapersky from my laptop months ago, but someway, somehow, I was able to start internet explorer again with ad ons. I am probably going to have to take it in to an expert, but wondering if anyone had any advice.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1026141

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice