Can't Start Computer!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Mr. Tech

I have a severe problem. Every time I try to turn on my computer, it gives me an error message saying my computer did not start correctly, then it gives me several choices, like Safe Mode, Last Good Configuration, Start Windows Normally, etc. However, no matter what I choose, it passes the Windows XP loading screen, then the screen freezes and goes black. It stays like this until I reboot my computer. I'm pretty sure some important files were corrupted. I had similar problems a few days ago, when I could still use my computer. It said some files were missing, and somehow, both my firewall and Norton Antivirus were deleted. It told me to reinstall them, but after I did, it said there were corrupted files. After this, I rebooted my computer, and, well...I couldn't turn it on since. :( Right now, I'm using my friend's laptop. So, how did this happen? How, if even possible, can it be fixed without re-formatting my hard drive, re-installing Windows XP, etc.?

Jru

probably a virus especially if a firewall and an antivirus program got deleted... (unless someone went on your computer and did it)

if it was a virus I think you'd have to reformat

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online