1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cant Start My Computer

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by maita, Jul 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. maita

maita Thread Starter

Hello Expert,
    I cant start my computer,here's what happened....i turned it on and a box popped up that says the computer is in use and it has been locked and only the administrator can unlocked it...i forgot my username and password and the worst thing with the situation is you cant even type in the box and the ok and cancel box..when you press ok it will go back to say it is locked..cancel box is not highlighted.,,,
    i have to turn my laptop manually..nothing is happening even if i tried to type coz its not working...
    please help!!!!i need to open my laptop and work is inside...
    your response will be highly appreciated

2. Goku

Goku

What are your computer specs? Also, what version of Windows are you running? Please post a little more descriptive form of your problem so we may help you out.

Also,Welcome to TSG maita. :)

3. zyper95

zyper95

If your using Windows XP you could try to access your laptop in safe mode and logging on as an administrator....Turn on your laptop immediately press F8 then menu screen will pop out chose boot to safe mode. Then chose to log as administrator so you could gain access on your laptop and change your forgotten username and password.

4. blues_harp28

blues_harp28 Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

Hi and welcome to TSG.
    Please check TSG rules.
    http://www.techguy.org/rules.html

"Passwords - Please do not ask for assistance with forgotten passwords and/or bypassing them. As there is no way to verify the actual situation and/or intentions, no assistance will be provided and any such threads will be closed".

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/591856

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice