Can't Start Outlook Express

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

cwilmot

I have just commenced getting this error message when I attempt to access my email. It reads:
"Outlook Express could not be started because MSOE.DLL could not be loaded."

I ran a Find and this file shows up in C:\Program Files\Outlook Express where I believe it has always been.

I had this same problem, and virus-checked the machine, reinstalled, all the obvious - with no joy at all. Can't even upgrade OE. Is there a known solution? Or do I have to format and start all over again....?
Thanks in advance for any help.
Barbara

Thanks Tony - will try these out, put I've probably messed around so much, and the machine is so old, a format might be the best idea!
Barbara

cwilmot

Thanks, Max19. I appreciate your prompt response and I followed your lead but haven't acted yet because of the Thanksgiving holiday that had me tied up otherwise. However, will do so soon. Chuck Wilmot

cwilmot

To Max 19, BSaul and TonyKlein:

I took the easiest and simplest route in resolving my problem "...MSOE.DLL could not be loaded". I merely downloaded IE 6.0 and installed in over my current version (IE 5.5). Included was an updated OE, as well, and it's working just fine. Nevertheless, I appreciate your inputs very much. Thanks again. Chuck

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online