Can't start the laptop

Hkamat

My lenovo G580 can't open it keeps taking me to the setup page n I can't exit on pressing esc.

I am not sure whether we should do it. But there will be an option to reset BIOS to Factory Defaults if you browse through it. I think that should be useful in this case. I suggest you take a second opinion before trying.

Hkamat

I ha lot of data in my laptop so will factory reset erase Everything

Not Windows, factory reset the BIOS. Normally that should not cause any data loss from hard disk.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
According to your BIOS setup screen, you press F9 to revert to its default settings, then press F10 to save and exit.

If you have personal data in your computer that you don't want to lose, you should create a backup copy of it to reliable external media.
If your computer's hard drive fails or the Windows operating system crashes, you risk losing it all.

------------------------------------------------

Hkamat

What is the exact procedure to reset BIOS ?
My laptop open directly to the setup page

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
In post #7, I advised you which keys to press in the BIOS setup screen.

Capture.JPG

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online