1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't Stop Outlook 07 from looking for exchange server

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by furiousgop, Jan 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. furiousgop

furiousgop Thread Starter

I'm runing XP and installed Outlook 2007 on my PC. Because I traveled to multiple sites, I kept a copy of my company's exchange server details and entered them at whatever site I was at to get to my email, etc..

I tried entering them when I set up Outlook at home and they didn't work for security issues. I can't seem to delete them and use my outlook for my gmail account.

I open Outlook and it tries to "Configure Outlook Accounts".

Then it opens a Microsoft Exchange box with the Exchange server and Mailbox. I can't delete the fields and don't have a good exchange server to use. I click "Cancel" and then it opens another error box stating...

"Cannot open your default email folders. The file C:\Documents and Settings\YertDeer\Local Settings\Application data\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook.ost is not an offline folder."

I click OK and it shuts down Outlook completely. I searched the forums and found a similar problem solved for 2003 user, but wouldn't work for me.

Thanks for any assistance.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/795294

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice