Cant surf geocities

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

MaDKiWi

Ive viewed all the other posts about the inability to view yahoo, inlcluding renaming the hosts file and clearing cookies andtemp and stuff. Even after all of this i cannot view geocities. I have a website in there that I keep constantly updated, and id rather not have to format because of ythe inconvenience right now. Are there any more suggestions?

I too have a site on geocities... I can never get in it except thru the editor as they shut it down everytime someone views it. Its highly unfair what they do. They give you the webspace to build on and as soon as you do request you pay $8.95 a month or more because the traffic viewing your page is to high!!!!!!!

I mean... for the love of God... we are doing their advertising for them... what more do they want.
I only used 1/2 the alotted space they gave me.

Savvy :(

oops.. ranting...sorry

ps... Yes I suggest you might have to call your ISP & see if they can help. Its probably in the DNS settings or proxy settings.

MaDKiWi

Well it seems to have righted itself, dont know what caused it, or maybe i did do something right in the middle but it works, and as it turns out im replacing the hard drive next week so ill be effectively formatting anyway :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online