Can't surf on IP or open MSN Messenger

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Debi T

I use Windows XP, and after opening Internet Explorer, it will open on the home page...yahoo canada but when I type in a new domain in the adress bar...it will flash the new page in white but will not acutually open it...I can't surf!! I can't log into windows live messenger...can't seem to do anything but my wireless connect is excellent...i've reinstalled windows xp.....didn't work....help!!!!!!

Debi T

I assume your are referring to my memory....computer illirate here haha

go to your run line and type in cmd and hit enter
you now are in a black box usually with c:\documents and settings\your account name
type ipconfig /all >ip.txt
type exit
You are now back in windows.
Using explorer go to your documents and settings folder and open up the file ip.txt
Go edit and select all
Go edit and copy
Now go to this post and right mouse click and choose paste.
Post it here so we can review.

Debi T

I can't do that for you because it isn't on this pc...it's on my laptop that the problem is but i'll type the results...

Connection specif DNS suffiz no-domain-set.aliant
Description Intel (R) Pro/wireless 2200 BG Network Connection
Media State - Media disconnected
Description - Realtex RTL8139 Family PC
Physical Address: 00-16-6F-36-C5-2B
DNS Servers 192.168.2.1
Default Gateway 192.168.2.1
IP Address 192.168.2.12
Auto Configuration Enabled Yes
subnet Mask 255.255.255.0
DHCP enabled

Hope this makes sense to you...i'm lost!!!!!

Debi T

Im using the wireless connection......
In my proxy settings...should i use a proxy server for my LAN....if so...what address......and port.....or should i bypass......i'm wondering if that may not be a problem

If you have a current antivirus program and antispyware program, you need to run some updates and deep scans as it sounds like your pc is really messed up.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online