1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't surf to Yahoo...

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by D_Lister, Nov 22, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Bryan

Bryan

First Name:
    Bryan
    I hope you resolve this but just a quick question. Have you purchased Winproxy yet? There's a better hardware option available using a Linksys BEFSR41 or BEFSR11 router to connect multiple PCs to a single connection using one IP address. It's uses NAT to allow you to share one IP simultaneously. The router costs about $75, about the same cost as Winproxy, and can be picked up any CompUsa or BestBuy. I know quite a few people that had been using Winproxy but switched to the new routers. They work extremely well, can support up to 255 PCs and are easy to setup using DHCP. It takes about 5 minutes to set one up and your done. They also have their own built in hardware firewall.

Anyway, that's just another option if you can't get Winproxy to work correctly.

Good luck .....

2. D_Lister

D_Lister Thread Starter

I went though the free trial period with WinProxy and had no problems at all so I purchased it back in September, haven't really had many problems with it until the past few weeks.

I will keep that in mind if this doesn't get resolved, however Linksys does make good products.

D_Lister

3. Del

Del

This may sound like it's coming out of left field, but have you reinstalled tcp/ip?
    Had a customer last night that could only send email to certain addresses but other's wouldn't send. Using the same smtp protocol in the tcp/ip stack so never thought of reinstalling it.
    Finally uninstalled the tcp/ip, rebooted and reinstalled it. It worked. At this point, it can't hurt.
    Del

4. Bryan

Bryan

First Name:
    Bryan
    And I'll just add for what it's worth. If it's been working for some time now and this just started to occur, if you have access to another PC, hook it up and see if the same thing happens as a client. If so, I'd try reinstalling WinProxy.

5. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/59333

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice