Can't "switch user" to administrators desktop--Please Help!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

cngaviation

Here's the scenario:
We have 4 users on a home pc--1 admin, 3 limited users.
Administrator logs off. Limited user logs on. Limited user logs off. Administrator attempts to log on but screen goes black and appears to loose signal. Monitor displays loss of signal. Eventually a single limited users icon will appear on a blue screen and the system is locked. Must do a hard restart to reset. Also, Task Manager appears to not function. Ctrl Alt Del does nothing except put icon in task bar. Have checked to make sure it isn't disabled. Have run Nortons, AdAware, Spybot. All systems appear clean. All systems are updated. I have searched but cannot find any help on this.
Any suggestions would be greatly apprreciated.

PS...I just discovered i cannot shut down from the start menu...have to use hard shutdown.

"Administrator attempts to log on but screen goes black and appears to loose signal."

Might try booting to safe mode, log on as Administrator, and set your screen resolution again.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online