Can't talk on Ventrillo?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

NYCaribou

I have an ASUS Xonar DX Sound Card, Creative Speakers with subwoofer and a Plantronics Headset. I am running Windows Vista Home Premium with Service Pack 1. My computer also has RealTek HD Audio sound software.

I can listen on Ventrillo just fine, but when I push the button I've selected for push-to-talk, and try to talk on Vent, my sound icon lights up so everyone knows I am trying to talk, but everyone always says they cannot hear a sound from me.

I've tried running Ventrillo both in, and out of, administrator mode. I've triple checked and then triple checked again to make sure my microphone is not muted. I've tried plugging a regular vanilla microphone into my sound card without using the Plantronics Headset. I've tried using the headset alone without the speakers to listen. Everything is the same. I hear everyone just fine, and when I try to talk, they all see the icon light up that shows I am trying to talk, but they all say they don't hear me say anything.

Any other information you need on my hardware/software setup please ask and I will provide.

I use Ventrillo for World of Warcraft, it is absolutely mandatory for endgame content, and I am being told more and more impatiently that either I get it fixed or I will be permanently excluded from endgame content.

Thanks,
--NYC

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online