1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

can't transfer some files

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by lightspeed1, Aug 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lightspeed1

lightspeed1 Thread Starter

hi i am new here first post , i really hope someone can help me with this problem , i just bought this e machine yesterday and had previously backed up my info onto a dvd rewritable disk from my old e machine , the problem i am having is some of my files copied off and pasted just fine from the disk but some didn't , it doesn't make sense some that copies ok was jpeg pictures while others that was jpg pics in other files won't copy the new e machine is a 750 gb hard drive with 4 gb memory and a windows seven system .
    the error i get when a picture won't copy is : can't read from the source file or disk . and try again doesn't do anything and if is skip it goes to the next and does the same thing . i called e machine support and the first tech couldn't help and sent me to a second tech and they said i would have to call e machine and they would charge me so much an hour (i just bought this yesterday so much for company tech help ) . that's why i am now here , i hope someone can help me with this , it has done some of my other files the same way . including some internet site links i have saved , and also a song file that has free kareoke songs (from bosko's kareoke web searches ) that i saved . i can't get them to copy and transfer .
    any help sure would be appreciatted on this problem !!:)

2. Tapeuup

Tapeuup

either the disc is bad or fingerprints etc, or the computer can't read that format. jmo

3. lightspeed1

lightspeed1 Thread Starter

thanks , i guess that must have been the problem that it was corrupt on parts of the disk (maybe from scratches? ) but i did find a way around it with the websites that wouldn't transfer i ws able to read the name and then type that name in a google search open the web page save it to favorites then right ckick that website name and save it into a new folder i created in my documents , for isntance "kareoke web sites" . so maybe if someone else has this problem they can alway's do this to get the web sites back again .
    thanks again for your help Tapeuup, it was appreciated !!:)(y)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/945656