Cant transfer the tower infor to the moniter

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

leannoon

Hi everyone,

My tower wont transfer the info to the moniter. When i turned on the computer.... it beeps twice and than started to load (cuz i can heard the noise) but no information is being transfered to the moniter. My moniter would have the color scheme (red, blue, green strips and stated the moniter is not hook up and to check the wiring). Well, i did all of that and still nothing. When I connect another tower... the moniter works fine. So I now it has to do with tower. How can i get it to boot on to my moniter. Is this something i can try doing or get a pro. I rather do it myself since i can't afford a tech. Can someone help me with this. Thank-you.

Hi Lean
It sounds like your graphics card has a problem.
Has anyone had the lid off recently and maybe have dislodged the card?
Take the back off making sure that it's obviously switched off and that you touch the metal framework.
You will see the graphics card just make sure it's well seated.
Try the monitor again and, if no joy, then it's time for a new card. If your not into gaming some thing cheap and cheerful will do.
(y)
Wolfey

If that doesn't work, you might try moving the card to a different slot - just to be sure it's the card and not a bad slot...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online