Can't turn AGP on?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

daveyp225

I have a 9800 a-i-w card, and am getting poor scores in programs like 3dmark and aquamark.
I was thinking it was because when I goto device settings, AGP speed is set to "off", and when I move the slider to "8x" it asks to restart to apply settings. I do so, and when I come back to the settings, it is still set to off.

Anyone know why?

Thanks,
Dave

daveyp225 said:
I have a 9800 a-i-w card, and am getting poor scores in programs like 3dmark and aquamark.
I was thinking it was because when I goto device settings, AGP speed is set to "off", and when I move the slider to "8x" it asks to restart to apply settings. I do so, and when I come back to the settings, it is still set to off.

Anyone know why?

Thanks,
Dave
Does the motherboard support 8x is the first question.

Chances are that 8x is not set in the BIOS. Are you using SMARTGART on an ATI card?

You'll need to enter BIOS setup and configure your AGP settings. Be sure AGP and not PCI is set as your default display device (if there is such a setting). Disable FastWrite and try it after you get your problem solved.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online