1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't turn on wireless network adapter / Acer Aspire 5750

Discussion in 'Networking' started by wirelessfrust, Apr 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. wirelessfrust

wirelessfrust Thread Starter

I have an Acer Aspire 5750. Recently, wireless connection has been spotty on my computer. Phone and other laptops in household work normal using our Wifi.

On my Acer, there is the F3 button that you're supposed to press with the Function button to enable/disable wireless. Unfortunately, that key and other keys on one side of the laptop are broken. So I use a wireless keyboard, that doesn't have that F3 wireless button.

Problem is I can't turn "on" the wireless function on my computer. There is no small switch on the external body of the laptop. Every time I tried to connect to my Wifi, I get a notice that it couldn't connect and to reset my network adapter. The network adapter Intel Centrino Advanced N6205 is enabled when I check the Device Manager. Says it's working normal. Without pressing the F3 button function, I can't find/get to that screen to enable the Wifi.

Any help would be awesome. Thanks so much.

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Disabling the built-in wireless device and using an external USB wireless adapter may be your best option.

---------------------------------------------------------

3. wirelessfrust

wirelessfrust Thread Starter

Thank you. May go buy one if that is only option.

4. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    You're welcome, and good luck. (y)

----------------------------------------------------------

5. LaptopNomad

LaptopNomad

I assume you've tried to get a replacement keyboard?

Next thought is a keyboard emulator program working by mouse pointer.

6. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    1. Control panel then network and sharing. On the left click change adapter settings.
    2. It might say Atheros below Wireless Network Connection; right click on it and choose disable and then when it says disabled choose enable.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1145956

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice