Can't type or scroll help!!!!!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

fourbeans1

I sure hope someone can help me with this problem...

I have a laptop(Compaq Armada 3500). It has Windows 95 on it.
Here's the problem...

Everytime I try to type something, whether an "IM" or email letter or whatever, I have to ALWAYS double check what was typed once I finish typing a line or two. It seems that the computer wants to either skip or ignore letters I have typed. Also, it seems that the cursor is in cahoots with it! If the cursor happens to be between words, every once in a while, while I am typing, I notice that I have come between words I have typed already and I have to constantly redo my sentences!

For an example of what it looks like...
Normal sentence:

I hope you had a great day today!

Messed up sentence:

I hopegreat day today! you had a

I hope my example was understandable

Please help! It's so frustrating!:mad:

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Hi, can you boot to a dos prompt only and try typing something there?

How about safe mode?

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
FWIW, it sounds like you have keyboard and/or pointing device malfunctions. It's hard to be specific, but it sounds like some repairs are probably in order...

fourbeans1

AcaCandy -
Thank you, but how do I check it in dos? I know a little about comps, not a whole lot. I know what dos is, how would I do what your suggesting?

johnwill -
Thanks, is this something that I could do myself or with a coach?

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Start button, shutdown, restart in dos mode..........

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online