1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

cant type

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by mangal, Jun 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mangal

mangal Thread Starter

friends,
    thanks for reading
    I am facing trouble typing on my keyboard.Alphabet 'E' fails to appear,instead it comes with alphabet 'O' repeated in a never ending manner.This doesnot happen frequently.I noticed,if i keep a blank document(say notepad)it automatically generates entries of alphabet 'O' and it keeps growing.
    Tried changing the keyboard,it didnt help.
    seeking help
    mangal

2. mangal

mangal Thread Starter

didnt get any feed on the issue cited above.Thanks again for reading.I found this link
    http://vil.nai.com/vil/content/v_669.htm

it mentions about a keyboard bug
    KeyboardBug-914 KeyboardBug-1720 KeyboardBug-1724

how to get rid of this,please help

3. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

mangal, as was explained in your original post, please post you follow-ups as replies back there and not in new posts. That brings your original post back up to the top each time. The rules prohibit starting new posts for a problem that is already opened by you on the board.

As your original post contained a Hijack log, only a qualified malware expert can look at it, they get very busy.

I have done what was asked of you in the original post and bumped it back up.

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Please do not start duplicate threads for the same issue, I've closed the duplicate

5. mangal

mangal Thread Starter

greetings
    friends,i formatted my disk and re loaded Xp,home edition, service pack2.(same as before)
    and strangely the prooblem still hoveros around.
    Its a compaq presarioooo,AMD Athlon 1.79Ghzo,o512MB Ram

I have aon added keyboard (psi converted to usb)
    Tried uninstalling the earlier keyboard,but each time i re boot it automatically gets loaded again.

any help,somewhere
    thanks for reading

6. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

If you formatted your hard drive and completely reinstalled Windows, you've pretty much ruled out a software, driver, or malware problem. Try a different keyboard.

7. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Was the keyboard supplied with the USB to PS2 (not psi) connector?
    If not, then using a stock converter / adapter may not work unless the keyboard was designed (and shipped) with the adapter.

8. mangal

mangal Thread Starter

No the new keybooard was not supplied with USB to PS2 connector,i bought one separately.
    and yes the new keyboard is fully functional,so ois the inbuilt oneoo

I cant o uninstall thaot nor disable it
    The unintentional 'o' that you come across this post are all generated ,and sir its a pain to correct.Pls forgive

oo ooooooooo
    Prior to formatting,i didn have any partitiono on the system,it waos just onoe drivoe c oo o of 40 gb.oWhile reloading,i partitioned it to towooo OC 20gb,and dD 20ogboooo.oo
    oWinodows got loaded to cooo odroive,oand after thato whiole tryionog to save some data on d drive,it said the drive is not formattedo,anodo need to beo o.I dido thatooooo
    Thats the brief history
    regards
    mangalooooo
    (please forgive the additional o'o',oits purely unintentional)ooooo

9. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

The built-in one? Is this a laptop?

So you've tried this same keyboard with the same adapter on a different computer, and it works just fine?

10. mangal

mangal Thread Starter

sorry about not mentioning the system details
    its a compaq presario 2100,AMD Athlon 1.75

I added another keyboard to this laptop,assuming the laptop keyboard was the culprit.This add on keyboard is a ps2.But plugged to Laptop on a usb port using a converter (ps2 to usb)

Now,the added on keyboard keys are working,and so is the laptop ones,This is what i meant to say.
    I feel,now,its an hardware issue,related to the laptop keyboard
    regards
    mangal

11. dez_666

dez_666

Question: Do you know if something (Like soda..) was spilt on the laptop? :eek:

12. mangal

mangal Thread Starter

no sir,not to my knowledgeoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

13. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

So now they both work? Then there's no more problem.

14. dark_cloud

dark_cloud

i dont think he is saying it is fixed, but i think he has changed the keyboard he is using.

i think this may be as simple as your "o" character sticking on your keyboard. if its on your laptop just simple remove the key carefully and make sure the pressure sensor is aligned correctly.

15. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/589545

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice