Can't un-install Office trial, Can't install Outlook 2007..

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

clairh

Hi all,

A newbie here, and so glad I have found this forum as I have spent most of the day trying to solve this issue..no to avail!

It might be easier if I explain my issue in bullet points as I am really not a techincal person and have gone round in many circles so far. I am trying to set up my own website and hosting and so far so good..until today!

1. About 2 years ago installed Office Prof 2007
2. Never uninstalled when trial ended - have old email address with this trial
3. Ever since then outlook has never worked and every time I have accidently hit on an email link an error message would come up which mentioned my personal folders/archives and pst files...(cannot retrieve error msg now as I have played around so much today!)

4. Today bought email hosting and got free outlook 2007 with it
5. tried to install outlook 2007 and got the following msg half way through installation:

Error 1406.Setup cannot write the value to the registry key xxx
Verify that you have sufficient permissions to access the registry or contact Microsoft Product Support Services (PSS) for assistance. For information about how to contact PSS, seeC:\Users\CLAIRA~1\AppData\Local\Temp\Setup00001e88\PSS10R.CHM.

6. clicked ignore and carried on - it seemed to work!
7. Followed the step by step guide on how to connect outlook to my exchange email..got very close to the end and it said that outlook had to be online to complete...and I just kept getting error msg after error msg
8. I struggle back and forth but eventually just could not work out why it would not work- and in fact my old email address from 2 years ago kept coming up, which I really do not want.

9. I uninstalled office trial and uninstalled outlook 2007
10. then accidently uninstalled my office student and home! (which freaked me out as i lost word, excel etc etc!!)
11. so did a system restore
12. back to square one
13. tried to uninstall trial office professional again, and it now says it cannot because file is corrupted. (I am not even sure if this is why my outlook 2007 wont compelte anyway, just suggesstions i have seen on forums)
14. Not convinced my outlook is installed properly - maybe half way there as the profiles come up I created earlier..
15. Now I have uninstalled outlook 2007

This has been my day today..and feeling like I am in way over my head and would be so grateful of any support or advice.

Thanks in anticipation!
Clair

daz1

Banned
http://www.ursoftware.com/

try above its a free trial, has advanced uninstaller and full registry remover, uninstall office re boot then try install again, any corrupted installations will show with a warning

clairh

Thanks Daz, I will give it a go.. I don't want my office student & home to be uninstalled tho..

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online