1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can't Uninstall a Program

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by M. Rush, Sep 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. M. Rush

M. Rush Thread Starter

The files are there, but not the start-up icon. If I click the uninstall icon, a message pops up: "Invalid or corrupt file." It doesn't appear in Windows Uninstall. Based on advice I read in this forum, I downloaded EZ Cleaner, but it can't find the program.

Can I safely just delete the program folder?

2. abustiaf

abustiaf Guest

did you try to re-install the program then un-install?

3. M. Rush

M. Rush Thread Starter

Just tried it. I uninstalled from the program folder, but am left with a bunch of folders full of text and image files and God knows what all else.

I could try the same and uninstall from Windows or EZ Cleaner, but it takes awhile to install. Is there a surer way?

4. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Reinstall it and then uninstall it through Add/Remove Programs.

5. blaqDeaph

blaqDeaph

What program is that?

6. M. Rush

M. Rush Thread Starter

It's Starry Night Pro v. 5.

As near as I can tell, everything that's lingered behind is text or pictures while the program icons are gone. But there are a lot of folders to sift through. What's the worst that could happen if I just simply delete?

7. abustiaf

abustiaf Guest

if you un-installed it but there are still files there why do you want to delete them?

8. M. Rush

M. Rush Thread Starter

Uhm ... To free up space? Keep things clean? Make a clean re-install?

9. abustiaf

abustiaf Guest

well i am pretty sure if you have un-installed and there is still a folder called "Starry Night Pro" or whatever in the programs folder than you can delete it. usually programs will just keep config files or other stuff that you can delete.

10. M. Rush

M. Rush Thread Starter

Okay. Well, for the moment, I'm just using the program after re-installing it over the old files. It was acting up before --thus the reinstall. When it comes time, I'll try Add/Uninstall then delete if necessary.

Thanks for the input.

11. abustiaf

abustiaf Guest

no problem. if you're done then just mark this thread as solved than. thanks.

12. Yankee Rose

Yankee Rose

If you want to try something else - you could try removing the program while in Safe Mode. Just a thought. :)

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/505428

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice