1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cant uninstall program

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by freenew, Oct 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. freenew

freenew Thread Starter

Hi, I need some help with a problem I have.
    I downloaded and used a program called Instant Lock used to encrypt files.
    I locked a folder but forgot that I could only use the shareware version for 30 days. So, after this period when I ran the software I was asked to register in order to access my files. Since I did not want to keep the program I tried to uninstall it to regain access to the locked files but that also failed and I was once again prompted to buy the software.
    Does anyone have any idea how to uninstall the software without losing my files?
    Did anyone face the same problem?
    Thanks for your help.

2. Joanyoung

Joanyoung

Maybe you could try a system restore, to before you downloaded the programe

joan

3. webintense

webintense

Maybe you can go into registry and search for the name of the program, and delete the entries. Of course you will want to backup the registry first. Also you may need to do this in safe mode, so it *may* be bypassed from starting when the computer starts. Once you have the registry entries taken care of, try uninstalling the program. Good luck. That does sound like a nasty issue.

4. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Buy the software.

5. jmatteis

jmatteis

Did anyone ever figure this out? I have had the same problem... however it let me use the uninstall in the folder lock program and my folder is now gone! How do I get my files back?

Any help please?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/507864

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice